If you haven’t applied to the Funza Lushaka Bursary, you still have time. They have now extended the applications closing date to apply for 2021 funding. Applications were originally supposed to close on 28 February but will now be closing on 3 March instead. The Funza Lushaka bursary program is a move by the government to offer quality education through the Department of Basic Education and National Treasury which funds it, and the National Student Financial Aid which administers the funds. This is as a result of the realization that the success of the country depends on quality education. It is important therefore to support teachers who will, in turn, shape the future of the youth.
To qualify for the Funza Lushaka online application 2021 or in years to come, you must meet the following requirements: You must be a South African citizen who holds a valid ID You must have passed and already been accepted to an appropriate field of study at an institution of higher learning that is recognized. You must be committed to and enthusiastic about a professional teaching career. In addition, you must be interested to work with young people and show a readiness to face, deal with, and overcome numerous challenges along the way. You must also be a person with high integrity.
The bursary is valid on a yearly basis which means that successful applicants must reapply if they want the scheme to cover their full cost of education. The bursaries are awarded to students who qualify for Bachelor of Education (BEd) and Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
Steps on how to apply are as follows:
1. Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
2. Register by providing personal information
3. Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
4. On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
5. Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
6. Accept the Terms and Conditions
7. On the dashboard menu click on the 2021 application button
8. Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
9. Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
For further queries, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org